No, GORE-TEX® is not damaged by salt water. Salt water will not block the pores, nor will it affect the clothing’s ability to breathe.
Articles in this section
- HELP, my sailing wear, skiwear or outdoor clothing is no longer watertight!
- How do I impregnate GORE-TEX® skiwear and sailing wear and make it watertight?
- What is DWR as used on GORE-TEX® clothing?
- Can I dry GORE-TEX® clothing in the dryer?
- Will salt water damage my GORE-TEX® sailing wear?
- Can I use Power Cleaner on GORE-TEX® clothing?
- Can I use stain remover on GORE-TEX® clothing?
- Can I wash GORE-TEX® with other clothing?
- Can I use a liquid washing detergent to wash GORE-TEX® clothing?
- Can I use a regular washing maqchine programme for GORE-TEX® clothing?