Certainly! Coating sails and spinnakers with Sail & Spinnaker Coating will be of benefit to sailors who compete professionally:
- Spinnakers remain dry. If the spinnaker falls into the water, it’s no problem. The spinnaker cloth remains dry.
- Spinnakers are more airtight after treatment. This enables a spinnaker to build up more resistance. (Paragliders are 17% more airtight after treatment with Sail & Spinnaker Coating)
- Because sailcloth remains dry, it is easier to manage. The sail does not stick together. This is very useful for spinnakers in particular!
- The sails remain lighter, because they absorb virtually no water. That makes a big difference on large surface areas. Imagine how much less water and thus weight you have to carry aboard in bad weather conditions.
- Sailcloth is smoother when it is dry. That has a positive effect in aerodynamic terms.
- Racing sails are often susceptible to damage. The extra coating provides better protection against mould, salt, dirt and wear.