Cleaning your convertible boat top with Ultramar Sprayhood & Tent Shampoo
- First, clean the canvas with lukewarm water. Anything removed this way is a bonus.
- Apply Ultramar Sprayhood & Tent Shampoo to the canvas while still wet and thoroughly brush the dirt loose. Use a plant sprayer or spray bottle.
- Allow to soak in for 20 minutes and then remove the shampoo and the dirt with plenty of water and a brush. Rinse well.
- Now allow the convertible top to dry thoroughly.
Removing heavy soiling with Ultramar Power Cleaner
- Note: Power Cleaner is unsuitable for use on chrome.
- Apply Ultramar Power Cleaner with a spray bottle or plant sprayer and rub it in with a strong, soft brush. First test Power Cleaner on a small area.
- Leave the product to work for about 1 hour. If you see no difference, spray a little extra Power Cleaner and brush in again. Leave the product to soak in again. Repeat until the stains disappear. This may take a few hours. Then rinse thoroughly with plenty of water and a brush.
- Now allow the convertible top to dry.
- Use Ultramar Sprayhood & Tent Protector to protect and make your convertible top watertight again.
- This impregnating agent is perfectly suited for use on convertible tops. At Ultramar Sail & Tent Cleaners, we have been using it professionally since 1998 to make boat covers, tents and sun umbrellas watertight.