You can easily clean a tent awning or other type of tent made of Ten-Cate All Season tent cloth yourself.
The following products are suitable:
- Sprayhood & Tent Shampoo
- Power Cleaner
- Sprayhood & Tent Protector
We have been using these products ourselves for years to clean and impregnate these types of tents.
- First, clean the tent canvas with water.
- Apply Ultramar Sprayhood & Tent Shampoo while the tent is still wet and thoroughly brush the dirt loose. Apply the product with a plant sprayer and a strong, soft brush.
- Leave the product to work for about 20 minutes and then remove the shampoo and the dirt with a brush and plenty of water. Rinse well.
- Allow the tent to dry.
- For heavy soiling, treat additionally with Ultramar Power Cleaner.
- Apply Ultramar Power Cleaner to the dry tent canvas and rub it in with a soft brush. Apply the product with a spray bottle, plant sprayer, or soft brush.
- Leave the product to work for about 1 hour. If you see no difference, spray a little extra Power Cleaner and brush in again. Leave the product to work again. Repeat until the stains disappear. This may take a few hours. Then rinse thoroughly with plenty of water and a brush.
- Allow the canvas to dry.
- Use Ultramar Sprayhood & Tent Protector to protect your tent canvas and make it watertight again.