You can easily clean your sails yourself if you have the space. Use Ultramar Sail Cleaner for this. This sail cleaner has been specially developed by us for cleaning (sailboat) sails as per the soaking method.
Directions for washing/cleaning sails yourself
- Fill a tub, wheelie bin, bath or rain butt with lukewarm water (30 degrees Celsius)
- Mix 20 grams (1 scoop) per 1 litre of lukewarm water
- Fold/roll the sail.
- Allow it to soak submerged for at least 24 hours.
- Then remove the loosened dirt and cleaning agent with plenty of water and a brush.
- If necessary, allow to soak for several days and repeat the treatment.
- Protect the sail subsequently with Ultramar Sail & Spinnaker Coating.
- Do not use on spinnaker cloth. Coloured sails, UV panels and windsocks may not be colourfast. First test on a small, inconspicuous area.