Ultramar Sail Cleaner is a special cleaning agent for cleaning yacht sails and sailcloth, from Dacron to the most modern laminates. This sail cleaner has been developed for use according to the soaking method. It has been used for years by Ultramar, professional sail and tent cleaners.
- Sailcloth is often soiled by mould, green residue and other dirt.
- Sails are generally large and difficult to clean.
- Black spots caused by flies, mosquitoes and spiders.
- The best results are achieved by soaking the sail in the appropriate product for an extended period.
- It is virtually impossible to buy a good sail cleaner that has been tested in the field.
Ultramar Sail Cleaner was developed by Ultramar for the professional cleaning of yacht sails. This product has been used in our sail and tent cleaning facility since 1998. Soaking sails in Ultramar Sail Cleaner makes them clean and white again.
- Sail Cleaner: easily cleans sails with soaking.
- Sail Cleaner: specially developed by Ultramar, professional sail and tent cleaners
- Sail Cleaner: suitable for virtually any type of sailcloth, from Dacron to the most modern laminates.
- Sail Cleaner: restores whiteness to sails.
- Sail Cleaner: can be used repeatedly by adding warm water
- Sail Cleaner: does not require high temperatures. (Lukewarm water at 30 C).
- For cleaning by soaking.
- For cleaning yacht sails and sailcloth structures.
- For cleaning large tents.
Also suitable for soaking large tents.
Safe to use on most types of sailcloth, from Dacron to modern laminates. Not suitable for use on Nylon, spinnaker sails and non-colourfast fabrics.
Directions for use
- Fill a tub, wheelie bin, bath or water butt with lukewarm water (30 degrees Celsius)
- Mix 20 grams (1 scoop) per 1 litre of lukewarm water
- Fold/roll the sail.
- Allow it to soak submerged for at least 24 hours.
- Then remove the loosened dirt and cleaner with plenty of water and a brush.
- If necessary, allow to soak for several days and repeat the treatment.
- Protect the sail subsequently with Ultramar Sail & Spinnaker Coating.
- Do not use on spinnaker cloth. Coloured sails, UV panels and windsocks may not be colourfast. First test on an inconspicuous area.
1 kg = 50 Litres (you can soak the sail again by adding more warm water after 24 hours)